In the midst of the COVID-19 outbreak in the U.S., we understand that many of you have been impacted by school closures. Our team at Youth Entrepreneurs wishes to express our support to you and offer the assistance you need to continue to be successful with your YE program. Below we’ve outlined several updates and suggestions:
- Teach Everywhere: Born from conversations we have been having with our educators over the past weeks, this resource is built to grow along with your evolving needs; it’s built to empower teachers during this crisis and beyond. Find YE activities, webinars, tools, and community support. We are working to transfer all of the resources from the Google Drive to this site in the coming weeks.
- Google Drive Resources: If you are teaching your students remotely, we’ve created a Google Drive folder (https://bit.ly/3d3dd5O) of resources that you can use to make the transition easier. Additionally, we‘re putting together a list of activity packets that can be printed and mailed to students if virtual education is not an option. We encourage you to also upload your own resources to the Google Drive that you’ve developed to share with fellow YE educators.
- Market Day events: We understand your Market Days may be delayed or cancelled. We will work with you regarding Market Day loan repayment issues that are due to COVID-19. If your classroom event has been cancelled or delayed, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org so we may work with you on the status of your loan repayment.
- The Big Idea pitch competition: We will be extending the original deadline of March 20 to April 17, with plans to reevaluate at the end of March. This could be a great opportunity for a digital project to offer your students as you are evaluating new, remote learning opportunities!
- YE T-shirt Design Competition: The deadline will also be extended from March 27 to April 17, with plans to reevaluate at the end of March.
- Leave-to-learn activities: please follow your school and county guidelines regarding trips and social gatherings.
- YEedu: We will be monitoring the situation closely leading up to YEedu and will keep everyone informed well in advance of any decisions being made regarding canceling or postponing our yearly professional development event.
- Other YE-sponsored attendance for professional development: We will aid you in assessing whether the opportunity should be postponed or canceled and rescheduled for a later date. Please contact email@example.com.
- Engaging with YE staff: We encourage you to reach out to our team for assistance, questions, suggestions and more, just as you’ve done in the past. However, we will be leveraging technology as much as possible and will limit in-person meetings for the foreseeable future.
The health and safety of you and your students is of utmost importance to Youth Entrepreneurs. We’ll be sure to keep you updated as we learn more about how we can better serve you during this unprecedented time period.
Your Team at Youth Entrepreneurs